Fire or Smoke Alarm
If you or one of your guests discover a fire (no matter how small) or a smoke alarm sounds…
- Immediately raise the alarm by pushing the fire alarm. The alarm is situated in the entrance hall on the wall just next to the main door.
- Ask guests to leave the hall quickly (leaving all belongings behind) and without panicking using the exit(s) furthest away from the fire (If you have locked the front door for security reasons, unlock it to let people out).
- Instruct guests to assemble on the main front car park
- Shut all fire doors.
- Telephone the emergency services.
- Attack the fire if possible, only if you know how to use the extinguishers provided, but without taking personal risk.
- Once you are sure everyone is safely out of the building shut all external doors.
- Ensure clear access for the emergency vehicles.
There are two smoke alarms in the entrance hall, one in the main hall and one upstairs in the community room.
There is a first aid box in the kitchen. South Wing in Bedford is the nearest hospital with A & E facilities.
There is a defibrillator outside the front door. If required, just follow instructions on the box.
If there is an accident or incident of any type please fill in the accident book that is in the first aid box in the kitchen. A member of the Village Hall Committee must also be informed as soon as possible. Depending on the seriousness of the accident a formal report form may be required.